Monday, November 29, 2010

Eighty Awesome Eighties Action Heroes #1 T-800 Terminator

Easily one of the biggest profile actors of the eighties. The T-800 for me is Arnies ultimate role. The scene in T2 where Sarah Connor first sees him is one of my all time favourite movie moments (I often have to replay the scene as soon as it happens on a rewatch.)
Unfortunately there will be no T2 drawn in this collection as it's 1991. (In my first list I had Sarah Connor and the T-1000 in there after forgetting this fact).
Maybe a lot of people will disagree with me here but I like all four of the movies. The first two are fantastic thrillers, with a real feeling that your never going to escape from the villian. The Third one unfortuneatly lacked that dread but has the best ending (Something I did not see coming at all) and the 4th is a great action movie with another standout fantastic scene which I wont spoil here.

3 comments:

Gio said...

cool piece. It looks almost stripped back slightly from your usual stuff. Texture on the jackets great.

Im a big fan of Terminator films, favourite childhood film beside Aliens. But I havent seen the 4th one, must check it out, actually forgot about until i read ur post.

Will Sliney said...

Cheers man. Yeah go watch the 4th one. Well worth a look

Bob Byrne said...

Ah come on Mr Picky, 91 is still considered part of the 80's. Draw the Ma out of the Goonies. Great work, looks like packaging design for a model or toy.